The F4L Triathlon Coaching Video Analysis Session is a fabulous swim coaching service and is suitable for any level of swimmer - from those of you learning to swim freestyle for the first time, to those looking to come out with the leaders in an ITU race.
Your F4L Triathlon coach will clearly explain your stroke faults before moving on to correct them.
Session cost is $125.
The following times and dates are available at Cannington Leisureplex.
- Sunday 15th October - 4-5pm
- Saturday 21st October - 4-5pm *BOOKED*
- Friday 27th October - 6:15-7:15pm
- Sunday 29th October - 4-5pm
- Sunday 12th November - 4-5pm
- Saturday 18th November - 4-5pm
- Friday 24th November 6:15-7:15pm
During the 60 minute session we will:
1. Film you above and below the water swimming using an underwater camera. We will ask you to swim 100 to 400m for the purpose of this, or (if you're very new to swimming) just do what you can - your coach will ease you through the session. You should never feel intimidated by this first stage - we all started to swim somewhere. It is only a baseline of where you're at right now and we are here to help you develop your swim! Please bring appropriate swim wear (e.g. bathers, cap and goggles) for this first stage.
The video shows a video analysis session done with a local athlete. On the left is the 'before' stroke / on the right '1 hour later'.
Our swim video analysis gives you a clear view of your stroke
2. We'll then get you out on the side and show what you are doing throughout your freestyle stroke. We'll analyse both your strengths and areas for improvement. We will then highlight just 2 or 3 key areas that need to be worked on. Please bring some warm clothing.
3. We'll then get you back into the water and work on correcting your stroke. We will only work on one aspect at a time. Throughout this session we will be mindful of what is most important for you personally. Your coach will use a range of beneficial training drills to help you develop your swimming prowess!
4. Your coach will summarise the key points for you again and will verbally instruct you on how to take this advice and use it going forwards in your normal training sessions.
We do also offer a follow-up 60 minute session for $100 for those seeking more regular input after this first initial consultation.